Think about three (3) things that you’d like to accomplish this year. Write them down somewhere:
Now, think about how you plan to get these three things done. It’s a little harder isn’t it?
Often, we make lists and then re-make them with the exact same items as before because we have trouble getting our goals off the ground. Most of the time, we run into this difficulty because we lack accountability.
Accountability can be your secret weapon. It’s how get the things done that you really, really want to get done. More specifically, you can use an Accountability Partner to help you stay on track with your goals and aspirations and you do the same for others –it’s a partnership.
Today, let’s identify your prospective Accountability Partner. Answer the questions below with the name of the first person who pops into your head that matches the description.
- Who supports your dreams no matter how crazy? ______________________________
- Who listens to you when you share your most vulnerable moments? ________________
- Who can you turn to when you have an issue? _________________________________
- Who do you call when you’ve made a mistake and need help? ____________________
- Who knows you sometimes better than you know yourself? ______________________
Look over your answers and check out whose name popped up the most. Write that person’s name down. That’s your prospective Accountability Partner!
Go ahead and ask them if they’d like to join you in your accountability journey. Ask if they will be your Accountability Partner and if they’d like you to serve as theirs. If they say “no, thanks,” then go to your second choice and so on and so forth. Once you’ve got someone set, create some ground rules for yourselves and get to work!